Sunday 16 September 2007

What is Enterprise2.0?

In my last post, I shared the title of my KM dissertation - "Enterprise 2.0 – Using web 2.0 tools to improve collaboration & knowledge sharing in an organisation". So here is my first post in relation to understanding what Enterprise2.0 is all about.

I was thinking about how I would present the idea of Enterprise 2.0 to others who may not be familiar with web 2.0, social networking or indeed knowledge management. I came across this excellent presentation on slideshare called "Meet Charlie - what is Enterprise2.0?" which I think sums it up nicely:




I think my focus will be about examining the traditional methods on slide 31:
  • Outlook
  • Project
  • Excel
  • Word
  • Internet Explorer

and comparing them with the benefits of the tools on slide 32:
  • Wikipedia
  • Google Docs/Mail
  • Blogging
  • RSS
  • Instant Messaging
  • Linkedin (Social Networking)

Overall, I think this is a great presentation and helps explain Enterprise2.0 in "Plain English", a style which is proving very popular as used by the folks over at CommonCraft in videos such as:

Wikis in Plain English

RSS in Plain English

Social Bookmarking in Plain English

No comments: